LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry

In the years before I discovered my celiac disease, I used to make quiches and pies every week. Gluten free baking is really hard amd I am a lousy baker so I have not made any quiches nor pies for years! However, for my birthday this year, my children baked me a lemon tart with a delicious gluten free crust. Since then, I have gone on a baking spree.

Ingredients
62.5g salted butter
2 cups very fine almond flour
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

Cut butter into the almond flour, using a food processor fitted with the cutting edge. When the mixture turns crumbly, stop cutting. Continued cutting will melt the butter too much and the mixture becomes wet. Then, it will not absorb egg well and the resulting crust after baking, becomes too fragile.

Beat egg with vanilla essence. Mix into the almond flour crumble. Press into the pan.

Once you have this crust, you can make any filling.








No comments: