LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Stone + Wood




For the first time in 3 months, I walked out into a cool morning with a bit of a nip in the air. The north east monsoon has started to blow. Thank goodness, because the heat has been unbearable since August. Such mornings are lovely for exploring Chong Pang Market. Roundabout 8am, the itinerant hawkers are open for business. 


It is like a whole new museum tour every morning, starting at 8am.

This morning, I hauled home...
- some keychains (because I need keychains)
- a hardwood chopping board (because the old one looks REALLY yucky).

Both are high quality stuff. The hardwood chopping board is the best I have ever owned, a sight better than the one I bought at Takashimaya for twice the price. Our knives barely even leave a mark on the wood.

The keychains are real, natural stone, with hand done carvings (not cheap plastic from out of a mould). I was quite taken by a pair of dragon and phoenix pendants and had wanted to buy them to repurpose into keychains. Unfortunately, the carvings were not fine work.

I was even treated to a performance of sorts when the itinerant hawker put my purchases into a bronze Tibetan singing bowl, and then made the bowl sing. She told me that it was to bless and purify my purchases.

My Chong Pang Market is really something, and now that cooler weather is here, I look forwards to visiting it every morning!

I have been looking for keychains for some time. So, these come at the right time.

Hardwood chopping boards with its own stand that can also store knives.




No comments: