LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, October 31, 2019

Feeling Blessed

I got to the tauhuey stall a little late yesterday and my favourite seat was taken. The old lady at the tauhuey stall cleared the table in front of her and motioned me to sit there. Then, she sat down next to me and chatted with me. I felt so blessed that she had in some sense, "saved" me a seat.

So blessed.

Today, at lunch, the sugar cane juice lady saved me a seat in front of her stall, and stood guard over my bowl of tauhuey whilst I scooted off to queue for my braised duck rice. The queue was very long and it was the Boss of Chuan Kee Braised Duck on duty. I don't know him very well and he can be grumpy, so I went to queue up like a good girl should. He offered me extra chilli. I know this stall is quite strict about giving extra chilli so, I felt blessed that he offered. Unfortunately though, I was again in shutdown mode and nothing came out of my mouth to appreciate his gesture. I am a much nicer person when I can write instead of talk. Poor man! He will never know how much I like him and his crew.

So blessed.

Then, over lunch, BOTH the sugar cane ladies sat and chatted with me. I received an interesting education in eyebrow tattoo-ing. Best of all, I was very warmed by the chatter from the 2 gals.

So blessed.

When I got home and entered my bedroom, a subtle fragrance tickled my senses. I found a bowl of water with ylang ylang flowers floating inside. My helper had somehow gotten hold of fresh ylang ylang flowers and knowing how much I love fragrances, she had made me a surprise. It was a lovely surprise indeed!

So blessed.



No comments: