LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, October 18, 2019

Disappearing Ink and Pretty Shoes!

I think I hit jackpot this morning at Chong Pang market. I found these beautifully embroidered shoes! They are soft, comfy and ever so pretty! The same vendor retailed writing practice books for kids. Each word in the books was etched onto the page. Little children simply follow the etched lines with a pen. Then pen has disappearing ink, and comes with an attachment to guide the placement of little fingers. I have included the vendor's name card below. Parents who wish to buy the writing books can just call them up.

I was also mesmerised by the calligraphy practice sheet. You wet a brush and write on the paper. Black ink appears from the tip of your brush. Once the water dries, the black ink disappears! How cool is that?!

I also discovered today that the Chong Pang hawkers have demoted me. When I started buying from them, I was 大姐.

Then, I became .

Today, I got called 妹妹.

See! What did I tell you!? Even hawkers look down on me! Well, at least they are not calling me "Oi!"

Why does The Husband get called 老板 and I get called 妹妹. At the very least I should be called 大娘 no?









No comments: