LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, September 9, 2019

What's With The Sun These Days?

I was already in the car on my way to Chong Pang Market, thinking of fish soup and the distinctive galangal in its taste profile.

My head began to throb. So, I detoured to Northpoint City instead.

I don't understand it. I am a girl who loves the sun. I love how it looks on the pavement, with its droplets spread on the grass under the trees. I love the way the sun kisses my cheeks when I upturn my face. I love the way the sun infuses my garden with energy. I love the sun's straight rays shining into my bedroom.

The sun has not been kind recently. Instead of gentle kisses on my skin, this sun conjures up a miasma of heat waves that choke me and start a throbbing in my head. My head aches unbearably on days when the sun in Singapore is angry and unkind.

I have become such a wimp. This was never me. This is a new me... a me that is afraid of the sun.

Did The Sun change? Or did I?


2 comments:

L said...

I think the sun seems stronger now because a lot of mature trees have been removed from many areas (for roadworks). Without the trees, there is less shade, and therefore the surrounding temperature is higher. I feel really upset when I see the neverending roadworks, and the tarmac and concrete paths which used to have beautiful trees. Cry...

Petunia Lee said...

Ohhhh... that is true!