LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Haze Mask: The Vogmask

I bought kickass masks (aka Mordor Orc Mask) for every member of the family. No one will wear them. So, when a friend recommended The Vogmask, I thought it a good compromise. The Vogmask is re-usable for 4 months to a year depending on the quality of air. It is washable too. See HERE.


Vogmasks for all of us.

My personal Vogmask.


The Mordor Orc Mask (i.e., the mask that one can wear
safely into the Mines of Moria, in Mordor, in Lord of the Rings).

For breathing comfort, nothing beats the Mordor Orc Mask. It is designed for easy breathe in and out. I don't care what the others say. When I am alone, I shall be wearing the Mordor Orc Mask everywhere I go. Actually, I have been doing that and I notice that no one stares. People all have their own lives and preoccupations. No one has time to stare at me. If I don't care how I look, they care even less.

You will never be able to convince a sensory autistic that comfort should come secondary to looks. The same reason why I don't use make-up, cut my own hair, wear the same t-shirt everyday, wear cheap clothes and cheap shoes... is the same reason why I wear the Mordor Orc Mask. 

Autistic people have little cognitive empathy. We have trouble figuring out what people think or feel in response to us. This includes the way people view our clothes and hair etc.... I have learnt to be neat and clean. However, deep down inside, I really don't care what other people think about my clothes and my mask. In the past, when the children kept me busy, I often forgot to brush my hair for up to 5 days.

The Vogmask is a good mask. It filters well but like any N99 mask, breathing is harder. I will wear it only because my family won't let me wear my Mordor Orc Mask. 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, Dr Pet! I recall you said you felt like Ms Universe when the passersby stun like vegetable upon seeing you back in 2015?

Petunia Lee said...

Kekeke! This year, I wear into Northpoint, no one even batted an eyelid leh!

Petunia Lee said...

http://petunialee.blogspot.com/2015/09/the-haze-air-cleaners-and-masks.html?m=1

This 2015 post also says no one stares leh....

Anonymous said...

Dr Pet, salah lah!

Look at the comments on 29 Sep 2015 post =)))

Petunia Lee said...

Hahahahahaha! True hor... yesterday, I wore it and someone pointed at me and asked her friend to look. Feel like beauty queen man! Most people don't bother though! I very flattered leh... my blog follower knows better than I do, what went into my blog!!