LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

A Mooncake a Day...

.... needs to be cycled away!

Since forever, I have hated mooncakes. You know, those traditional ones with the baked skins and lotus paste and egg yolks? I find those too sweet, too cloying, too rich. Then one day, I discovered I was allergic to gluten and had every excuse to NOT eat them.

Then, I discovered mini snowskin mooncakes with their amazing flavours of fruit puree and fake yolks made also of fruit puree. The mini snowskin mooncakes are smaller too. So, it is like having a small cake after a meal. I also love the colours! Those with dual tone snowskins are especially pretty!

So, I have stocked up on Sheng Kee Hong Kong Dessert's snowskin combo, AND I have ordered Awfully Chocolate's truffle mooncakes. Miam! For the Goodwood Park ones, I will wait till they set up shop at Causeway Point's mooncake fair on 30 August 2019. Then, I will go for the mango pomelo and the kiwi dragonfruit flavours.

Once a year, let me indulge. I will just cycle more.

Goodwood Park's blue pea mooncake.

Goodwood Park's kiwi dragonfruit and manuka honey mooncake.

Sheng Kee Hong Kong Dessert's snowskin combo.

Awfully Chocolate's truffle mooncakes.



No comments: