LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Videoshoot: Wah! So Pretty!


I engaged the reel thing to shoot some real-life parent testimonials. The company brought along a make-up artiste to professionally do make-up for my Mommies. I did not want to be video-ed but it seemed wise to also capture an interview with me at the same session. We can always decide whether to use that video of me, later.

From UnPretty to Pretty
So, I got my make-up done too. I also had to go and dig out something white to wear. Luckily, in an entire cupboard of black dresses, I managed to find one white dress which still fits me from 10 years ago.

The make-up artiste has more than 4 decades of experience, with an illustrious freelancing career AFTER leaving Mediacorp, where she did make-up for actors, actresses, TV presenters, politicians. It was a privilege to go under her brushes.

She actually managed to make me look pretty, when pretty has never been what people use to describe me. Even at my youngest and my best looking, I was never pretty. If people wanted to praise me, they would say, "brainy," never "pretty". Even when I ask The Husband if I am pretty, he says, "Errrrr... ok lah..." So bad hor, The Husband!

So, this make-up artiste has Magic Brushes!!

The camera man also has 4 decades of experience. Not a single detail escaped his eye. He moved furniture around, pinned up the curtains, moved my plants. The whole room looked a mess but the framing was superbly pro. He knew how to manage the lighting. Even that stray lock of hair curling rebelliously on my forehead needed to be tamed, for that perfect frame.

The Mommies and I had so much fun getting dolled up!

Camera Man and I: Touched By the Testimonials
I am so very grateful to the Mommies who went on record. They had to put time into preparing their answers to the interview questions. They had to take time off to come to the videoshoot. They also spoke things from their hearts that moved me, and surprised me.

I did not know that they felt that way about the work that I had done with their children. The only thing I can say is that God's hand moves in strange and wonderful ways. Miracles happen even when God uses an instrument like me...
- lazy (the hawkers at Chong Pang don't quite believe me when I say I DO have a job)
- playful (I really spend a lot of time playing at this and that)
- dreamy (so dreamy that the kopi auntie shook her head when I forgot to take my drink from her)
- autistic
- weak in health and body...

It is true, you know. God does not choose the qualified. His glory is revealed through the weakest and most flawed of agents. Moral of the story: Don't worry. Be happy. God will make a way.


No comments: