LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Online Clothes Shopping

It was simply too tiring to walk the malls to buy dresses, especially when nothing fits. I went online, instead. Someone wise suggested that even if there was no exact fit, I could get it altered. Here is my review of 3 sites.

LeChicSG
I was not very impressed with this site. Partly, I was stupid. I neglected to check the stated length of the dresses. I sorta figured that if the dress looked decent on the model pictured, it would look more than decent on me. After all, the models all had long legs and I have 2 short pins. If it ain't too short for 'em long legs, it would look decent on my short ones.

All 3 dresses were too short EVEN for my short legs!

I reckoned that I could turn one dress into a top, paired with longs; and then, I could wear shorts underneath the other short dress. The 3rd one, I wanted to exchange because it was so tight that I looked like an hourglass about to burst forth into fleshy blooms of bust and butt. It did not help that the flouncy ruff at the hem was also very short. So, when I walked, I looked like one of those cute white ducks with flouncy butt in the air. As you might imagine, this looks cute when it is a duck, not when it is a menopausal woman.



Then, I realised that a too long dress can be shortened, but a too short dress cannot be lengthened.

I tried to get it changed but there were so many conditions that I gave up. It was compulsory to send it by post - and registered post too. I was not to drive over to their offices and exchange for another dress (which I was ready to pay more for). Also, there was a risk that the company would refuse to do the exchange since their website said that each exchange needed to be okay-ed on a case by case basis. If they refused to exchange it, I would have wasted my registered post charges.

I decided to cut my losses. I modified the dress for Milo to wear on cold days. Now, my dog has a nice snug dress with a flouncy hem.

LeChicSG sells cheap clothes but I will not buy from them again because cheap clothes thrown away is still money down the drain.

Saturday Club
I was stupid again (since I am a noob in online dress shopping) and failed to measure myself + 1 finger). The dress came at a correct length but it was too tight.

Saturday Club was great with the exchange. I drove to Sin Ming, tried on the new piece and got my exchange without any hassle at all. They also told me that they were going to start a showroom for trying out clothes and if I wanted to, in future, I could try on the clothes for size and fit before placing my online order.

The dress fit perfectly at both my bust and the waistline. The dress was well made too. Saturday Club is a keeper. I will definitely order more dresses, even though Saturday Club's clothes cost quite a bit more than LeChicSG.

Somethin' Sweet
This shop is based in Korea. Shipping was fast though. The models were busty enough on this site that I had some confidence that the clothes would fit well. I was right! Both dresses came fitting well at the bust and the waist. I definitely will buy again but I will be wiser when choosing designs. Lacey stuff looks nice on other people but on me, I kinda look like a country living magazine's tissue box cover.




No comments: