LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, June 3, 2019

More Chong Pang Hawkers

After going there almost daily for the past month, I am proud to say that I have finally acclimatised myself to the heat and the smells of Chong Pang Market. In the process, I discovered unknown hawkers who are excellent. It helps that I now know the rhythm of the place. I used to go to Koufu at Admiralty at 10.45 am every day because that was the time without crowds. Chong Pang Market is very crowded at 10.45 am. It is much less crowded at about 1.10 pm or so. The best time to go is about 4 pm when there is almost no one, but I cannot take lunch that late. 

I like to go at 4 pm if I am doing a take away for dinner. This is also a great timing because the 2nd batch of braised pork or duck comes out fresh at around this time, AND there is no need to queue! I now also know the best place to sit. Never sit in the inner quadrangle. Always sit along the outer perimeter. The inner quadrangle is a heat trap. The powerful fans do their job but they blow hot air at you.



Dim sum.

Porridge.

Excellent mutton soup.

Lovely tau huey.

No comments: