LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, December 13, 2015

El Rinconcillo, 17th Century Restaurant

This restaurant was started in the 17th century and it is still going strong. Don't expect very good service because this place has an attitude. It is good and it knows it. Things are done old style here. The bill is totted up by hand with chalk on the countertop. The food is straightforward and hearty. Good, hot and well made food.

Totting up the bill on the countertop with chalk.

Slicing jamon iberico by hand. This takes years of practice to do well. When I buy my leg of jamon iberico, I intend to slice it with a ceramic vegetable peeler. I hope it works!

The tiles look very Moroccan. I guess it must be the old Moorish influences in Al Andalus.

The décor, I am told, has not changed since the 17th century. Even the candle chandeliers are there, but they have been re-purposed to work with electric candles.

See the legs of jamon iberico hanging above the bar counter? They serve as (1) decoration (2) to make people hungry and (3) they further develop their jamon flavours as they hang up there.



No comments: