I started out making Lemon Tart but I forgot to build up the tart walls. Then, I discovered that without tart walls, the thingy is called a Lemon Slice. So there we have it - a big round lemon slice. I next discovered that I take very ugly photos. They used to look nice to me but after The Daughter took these 2 photos, I realised that every other photo uploaded onto this blog prior are ugly.
Never mind, this shall be an ugly photo blog then, with a few nice photos thrown in.
Ingredients for Base
1/2 cup corn starch
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 cup rice flour
150g of butter
Ingredients for Lemon Curd
200ml of whipping cream
35g of melted butter
5 tablespoons of icing sugar
2 large lemons
Grated lemon rind from 2 large lemons
Steps for Base
(1) Sift icing sugar, cornstarch and rice flour together.
(2) Cube the butter.
(3) Throw butter and flour mixture into the mixer.
(4) Fit in the paddle attachment.
(5) Let run till the mixture resembles coarse sand.
(6) Add 3 tablespoons of milk.
(7) Take out the dough and press into the base of the pan.
(8) Refrigerate 1 hour.
(9) Bake at 150Celsius for 30 minutes.
Steps for Curd
(1) Grate the lemon rind.
(2) Beat melted butter, icing sugar and whipping cream together into a smooth yellow cream.
(3) Add 1 egg at a time and beat till smooth.
(4) Place mixture in a bowl over a saucepan of GENTLY boiling water.
(5) Stir briskly until the mixture thickens.
Steps to Assemble
(1) When the tart base is cooked, pour thickened curd onto the base.
(2) Bake at 120Celsius for 25 minutes.
(3) Refrigerate and serve very cold.