LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sher North Indian Restaurant

I love North Indian food. It is no use trying to make North Indian food at home unless you're born North Indian. It is a cuisine that is impossible to master for anyone that has not been exposed to that cuisine through Mother's milk. The sheer confluence of spices is so complex that unless you've grown up with it on your palate, you have no way to sense make this cuisine.

I have given up making North Indian food at home. Mine is inedible.

I used to go to Shahi Maharani at Raffles City or Kinara at Holland Village. Today, I discovered that there is an even BETTER North Indian joint right in Sembawang itself. Oh good! The ulu little place I live in is beginning to develop some class. Some.

The food here is seriously good. We were served by a distinguished lady with steel highlights in her hair, back ramrod straight and genteel manners. I could not help it. I had to treat her with the respect I would give my best friend's mother when invited by the old lady to dine at her house.


The wall and pendant lights are so pretty! I also loved the deep dark orange on the walls.

We had Chicken Korma, Mushroom Masala and Rogan Nosh. Gee... I just realised that I know the names of my Indian dishes better than I know the Japanese ones!

Kashmiri Pilau



No comments: