LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Gâteau Savoyard


It's so sad... a house without children in it. Gone are the days when I rolled my eyes and wished for the kids to grow up and begone. Now that they are grown up and rather gone, the house is empty most of the time. There isn't anyone to cook for... make iced lollies for... no one to eat cakes, biscuits and such.

On Sundays, everyone is home. Sunday mornings have become such precious times with BOTH children home that I make special effort on Sundays. This morning, I woke up earlier and made a Gâteau Savoyard. This was The Daughter's favourite cake when she was small. She munched happily and said "Mom... I haven't had this in AGES!" Little Boy thinks that the earlier I sit down to write out his favourite Petunia's Recipes, the better. He is anxious to ensure that he'll still get to savour the tastes of his childhood if Petunia suddenly.... errrr... you know...


2 comments:

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Oh Little Boy thinks really far ahead.. He is an old little boy at heart...

My Sinfonia said...

Ah.... thats why my parents always cook up a storm when i go back. All my home comfort food would be on the table. Simple pleasures that never tires. Perhaps that defines the home. But then its still not the same when its not made by my parents... maybe little boy might concur with me on that one day?