LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, December 7, 2012

Grateful


Petunia's Book sells well. It truly does. The book distributor described book sales as "surprisingly good for a newly launched book". Kinokuniya took a few copies at first and this week, ordered 50. Only the Bras Basah Popular branch had a few copies at first... and now, many Popular stores across the island has it. Online, we have sold upwards of 1000 books. These are encouraging figures for a book that was launched without fanfair and barely 5 months ago.

I owe my blog readers a lot for this.

Blog readers were the first to buy the books, read them and recommend them. Without this initial push, I doubt Pet's book would have sold so many copies. Without the initial push by blog readers (especially the many that have become my friends) I also doubt that the book would become so popular that it never gets to sit idle on the shelves of the National Library.

I've checked the NLB catalogue once in a while and Petunia's book is never available... always on loan... always in transit to a reservation ... always reserved.

I really owe my blog readers, and I want to say a heartfelt "Thank You" for being the first to put your trust in Pet's Book.



7 comments:

Blur Ting said...

It just shows it's a good book!

Petunia Lee said...

Ting - That is so kind of you. Still... lots good things don't take off.... so I AM still really grateful to you and others for supporting in the way you have.

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Yes, and you put a lot of heart into the book! :)

soup said...

Hi mdm,

I think you are an expert on motivating kids. Would you happen to know about motivating subordinates in the workplace? Or will you be able to recommend a good book on the subject? I would really love to help get my subordinates motivated and working hard.

Thanks in advance.

Petunia Lee said...

Soup - Actually, my research on motivation has always been done in organizations. It has only been recently that I transferred what I know to kids by popular demand.

Celine said...

Not just heart, but your very essence into the book... Brilliant transfer of organisational motivation to kids....

I might bring Medium Boy to you in 2013 for coaching.... To date, I am unable to figure out a study process to coax him in learning languages.

Petunia Lee said...

OKC & Celine - Yes... it was a very personal endeavour indeed.