LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, August 3, 2012

Getting Me a Smart Phone

Smart phones and data plans used to be the last word in style.

I have recently understood that smart phones and data plans have now become basic productivity tools for a modern woman keen on getting things done quickly so that she can proceed to getting other things done quickly. The first iphone could not forward sms-es and so I dissed it. I held on to my basic phone that cost about $48 WITHOUT plan. I re-sold the iPhone that I bought when renewing my plan, not once, but twice.

It was nice to rake in about $2500 and keep it in the bank. Let other people revel in style and chic. I prefer $2500 of cold hard cash. *Rub Hands*

But as I sat there at breakfast in the luxe cafe of a hotel in Tel Aviv skyping my kids, they wanted to view the breakfast buffet spread. I looked like a real klutz introducing each platter of Israeli breakfast to my laptop screen. Someone helpfully commented "Why not use an iPhone?" Oopsie! I don't have one because I sold mine brand new to turn a profit.


Then people started giving me MMS-es that I could not view and almost everyone has asked me if I have WhatsApp, and they're always shocked when I ask "What's that?" But what really got me was Waze. This app gives you real time updates on the traffic situation right down to whether the Police Officer standing by the road with his speed detector machine is handsome or not.

For the first time in my life, I know how it feels to have iPhone Lust.

4 comments:

Blur Ting said...

Yup, it's about time you get one.

Petunia Lee said...

Ting - Gettin'... gettin'...

Karmeleon said...

Why must it be an iPhone? Any Smart Phone will do, right?

I just cannot bring myself to pay for the iPhone (I'm using the cheapest Data Plan - no need for more! It's more than sufficient!). I love my Xperia. It takes the loveliest photos too. Can see on my blog.

Petunia Lee said...

Karmeleon - Hmmmmm... Xperia... ok... have to look that up! Cannot bring yourself to pay for the iPhone... sounds like a Petunia alright! I can so relate to that.