LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, June 15, 2012

Penang Street Food

I've always thought that McDonald's invented The Drive Through. Well... I was wrong. Penang street hawkers invented The Drive Through. 2 Penang itinerant hawkers are much blogged about and so Petunia and Family walked in the hot sun scouring the streets of Penang to find them. I must admit that the pampered Singaporean in me was a little little little surprised that such successful hawkers sold their wares from off a push cart and I had to stand unceremoniously with my bowl of cendol to eat it.

It was just as well that I was standing because the first taste of that cendol made me wanna float off my toes... and it wouldn't be easy to do that if I were sitting down.
The Red Cendol Stall at Lebuh Keng Kwee.

The White and Green Cendol Stall at Lebuh Keng Kwee (I like this better).


Best chee cheong fun I've had... packs a punch in prawn paste taste.


See! The plate in the foreground was my chee cheong fun.

Antique signboard detailing drinks menu.

Nice roast pork, crispy pork belly and roast duck.

Really good dimsum at Lebuh Cintra.

Dimsum comes in a pushcart.