LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Where is My Time?

Where does all my time go to? I proof read a speech, examined some construction tender documents, cleaned Little Boy's room, wrote a few emails, planned Little Boy's work schedule for the next week, decided what to cook for lunch and dinner, swam some laps, ran some errands, picked up and dropped the children, supervised Little Boy's Chinese tuition with Grandma, called for some contractor quotations ...

And the day is over.

I can't help but wonder how mothers like Blur Ting even cope. The earn enough to feed the kids, cook yummy fried rice before they leave for work, care for 2 dogs, an aged mother, find time to socialize and make friends with people like me.

Some women can pack so much into a day. They work full time. They bring up great kids. They earn big money. And yet find time to be patient with little ones and household staff.

How?

I feel so incompetent when I see what other women are able to do with their lives... and what little I do with mine.

6 comments:

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Oh dear.. I feel so poorly about myself after reading this post. I used to just go to the gym and cook dinner for The Husband and myself.

Petunia Lee said...

OKC - Gee... hadn't meant to spread my own poorliness feeling to you... But I guess now it makes 2 of us.

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Hehe.. but u do so much Petunia - you work part time, swim, look after 2 children and a dog.. and supervise the building of a house. :)

Petunia Lee said...

OKC - Is that a lot though? Ting does all that and more... And I have another friend SS, who makes a fortune but still finds time to dote on 2 sons, an aged mother ... AND she built a house! And I don't think she complained as much as I am complaining whilst at it.

But it's morning!! I feel better now that it's morning.

Blur Ting said...

Hey, that's alot of stuff you've done in a day! Aiya, I close one eye on many things, like the dustballs and paw prints on the floor. :-)

I envy you and OKC, you admire me....Ok, we all can vent together at hi tea this Friday!

Petunia Lee said...

Ting - Hee! Hee! The grass is always greener in someone else's life huh?