LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Eggless Tiramisu


I haven't made tiramisu in a long time (7 or 8 years?). The usual recipe calls for raw egg whites and that was a put off. I can't eat anything that I have personally put raw egg into. There's salmonella you see. So, I end up salivating over and elbowing other people away from the tiramisus that my friends make. I know there are raw egg whites in those too but since I didn't do the deed of putting it in... I can eat it. And if I get diarrheoa, it's not my fault. It's my friend's fault.

If you look carefully, the above convoluted logic should make sense... but I agree that you have to look very carefully.

Anyway, since I can make pretend clotted cream, I can make eggless tiramisu too. It's the same cream recipe as pretend clotted cream, and it tastes even better than the eggful one.

3 comments:

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Oh.. BTW, that looks GOOD.. you've inspired me to make more desserts...

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Oh, I understand what you mean by the raw egg whites.. Eww... me too.. that's why when I made mine, I chose a recipe that only has mascarpone cheese and cream.. sinful sure.. but not yikey...

Petunia Lee said...

Oh do that! And put them on your blog so I can enjoy 'em!!