LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Orange Raisin Muffin Protest Part II

Those people at The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf were super cool. I was miffed enough that I emailed them the bloglink to an earlier post about the Orange Raisin Muffin. You may find it here.

After reading it, someone called "John" wrote me an absolutely gracious email apologising for having caused me distress. You may not agree but I do think it is distressing to have to face the prospect of never ever eating another one of those muffins. Besides, they gave me no warning at all! Before X'mas, the muffins were there and after X'mas, they were gone!! You would think that if a company wanted to retrench a food item, they would at least give advanced notice?

Anyway, Dear John offered to bake me any number of Orange Raisin Muffins I wanted at any time. Actually, I was hoping to fleece them of their recipe but I guess even if these people are nice, they're not idiots. So... no recipe for Petunia. Still, I am rather happy that they agreed to bake 10 orange raisin muffins just for me.

Orange raisin muffins are great for Chinese New Year because they look like gold ingots and of course, they have oranges in them and we all know oranges are all about Chinese New Year and vice versa. So voilĂ ... I have something festive and special to serve my guests, and I can even tell them that they're to be found nowhere else in the world but in my house.

Now, might I add that those people at BreadTalk never responded to me. So, I guess I am left with just the memory of the Applewerm.

6 comments:

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Wah... so nice of them.. :) I also wanna try.. heheh.. but I have found a recipe.. will try it and let you know soon!

Petunia Lee said...

Yay! The intrepid Bake Adventurer sets out! I will freeze one muffin for you. You are my only hope to discover the recipe. Maybe if you eat the muffin, you can reverse engineer something and then I can bake them ad infinitum. In fact, for that hope, I think I will freeze TWO muffins for you. But two is all... the rest will be hidden in a far corner of the fridge again. Heh!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Aiyah.... wah.. no lah.. don't need.. seriously.. I would love it if you and The Daughter can each have 1 more muffin. hehe.. But if u can.. can u take 2 pictures of those muffins for me.. So I know how they look like outside and in.. heheh! I have a new project now - Project Orange Raisin Muffin!

Petunia Lee said...

Ok! Tomorrow take pic! I just made your banana cake recipe. Yum!

Blur Ting said...

The Coffee Bean people are good at building relationship and PR. They score brownie points already :-)

Petunia Lee said...

A LOT of brownie points Ting. I looooooooove the Orange Raisin Muffin. I hope Dear John meant that he would bake me 10 muffins anytime forever and forever...

Unless of course, the intrepid Bake Adventurer succeeds in reverse engineering the recipe.