LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Milo's Place in the Family Huddle

The Family Huddle started when we were living in the US. One day, the children and I decided that we would give The Husband a scare by ambushing him when he got home. So, we kept a lookout for his car and then went to hide. The Husband came in to a house with no one that he saw. En route to the bedroom, we attacked him. He got pushed on to the floor and quickly overpowered by 2 small children and a tiny wife. There was a lot of yelling and screaming and hair pulling.

Not long ago, we got into a Family Huddle again. Milo was most indignant that he wasn't part of the mêlée. He stood outside the Forbidden Area with his entire body on high alert and looked quite offended. We finally moved the Family Huddle into the patio so that he could take part.

Since then, I've been really mean. I've taken Little Boy more often than usual onto my lap for noisy hugs and kisses from which I secretly peer to enjoy poor Milo's indignant look. The Daughter disapproves because she thinks I shouldn't try to provoke another's jealousy. I know I shouldn't but I am so tickled.

Okay... okay... I stop.

5 comments:

Blur Ting said...

Oh, that sounds like fun!!

KT said...

I think, I hope, you'll one day cast your good sense to the wind and lift the embargo on Milo. The Daughter, Little Boy, if you're reading this, lobby for Milo's freedom! Have a referendum on whether The Forbidden Area should be removed. Fight for Milo's human rights! Er, I mean doggie rights. Five voters in the house, right? ;)

Petunia Lee said...

KT - Oi!

Blur Ting said...

Once you move into the landed property, Milo will have a bigger place to run right?

Petunia Lee said...

Yup! He sure will!